OK, so 5 months is ridiculous to be gone from blogging, I know, but friends, there has been some changing goin' on 'round here!!! Life is good and God is good. So if you remember, last time I was here I had started the Your Living Canvas Workshop with Christy Tomlinson and I told you it was quite the journey and it had spurred some changes in my life. Well, good bye caterpillar, hello butterfly! In the time since I last posted here is what has happened:
1. I still haven't finished the workshop - I stopped to begin implementing the change.
2. I quit my full time job to focus more on my family and on the things I feel are most important.
3. I began teaching again, part time for the local museum but out in the schools with 3rd and 4th graders. I am teaching art and it is AWESOME!!! I only teach about 5-6 days a month which leaves LOTS of time for family and fun.
4. We started on a new budget :/ that has been hard, fun and rewarding! (did I say fun???)
5. My daughter made the varsity volleyball team as a freshman and I made it to almost all of her games! (Of course, my gas bill for October was $600 but it was awesome to be able to be there for her)
6. I am putting my first bit of art "out there" for publishing. I will be taking images of 4 pieces I created for friends for Christmas to the printer to create sets of Christmas cards! I am SOOOO excited.
So, my goal for this project was to sell at least 10 sets so I could justify paying a printer to create the cards. I was so worried no one would like them but I went for it anyway, with a lot of encouragement from my awesome husband. I told my friends in our church choir and they told their friends and I posted it on Facebook today and I have sold 22 sets!!!!! I am so excited about this I can hardly stand it. So I will be ordering a few more. Here is what each card looks like. Details about the card sets follow the pics.
Hopefully someday soon I will be selling things through an Etsy shop and maybe even here on my blog. Something I will be working on in the near future.
I will be posting more projects, artwork and such as I am on a bit of a creative binge for Christmas and I would love to share with you. I hope you will visit again and tell your friends about Raining Grace because baby it's pouring right now!!!!