Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cricut Cartridge Challenge Day Three!

Oh my goodness, have we been having fun at Getting Cricky with the one Cricut cartridge challenge.  If you are just now tuning in you MUST click on the links at the bottom of this post to see all the fun projects the Getting Cricky design team and other followers have come up with using one cartridge paired with K. Andrew Designs stamps for the whole week.  I have chosen to use the cartridge Forever Young and this will be my 3rd project using it and I LOVE this card.  I have never made a step card before so I decided to try it out.  Since I had no idea how to get started I did a search and found a TERRIFIC lady that not only has a video on how to do it but she has the pattern!  Her pattern and video make it the easiest card to make, try it out by visiting her blog at www.mycreativeexposure.com. It was the easiest to follow that I found and the pattern is printable.  So here is my 3rd project for the challenge...
So as I mentioned before, I used the Forever Young cartridge and it pairs very nicely with the sentiment stamps that are both from the Fashionable Friends set from K. Andrew.  I used the Imagine cartridge Elise to fill the shapes and the background papers.  I love that cartridge, the patterns are all so sweet and I really like how the Imagine changes the scale of the pattern to the appropriate size for the cut.
I like the way it turned out, although I wish I had put maybe one more thing alongside the front hat.  That spot is a little bare.  A button maybe???  I hope you will try out a step card and pick a cartridge and join in on the fun.


7 comments:

  1. This is so awesome, Jana!! I love the beautiful papers!! And fabulous job on your first step card!! Happy Valentine's Day :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. The colors are great. I also really like the shape. TFS

    Cheri - Getting Cricky JrDT Sister
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I said before this is amazing for it being your first sep card!! i will have to give it a try, the video was really good to shoe how to do it!
    Kristan
    GCDT-Sister

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is an amazingly beautiful, fun card! You did a great job my friend!
    Miranda :)
    Getting Cricky JR DT Sister
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card! I haven't tried making a step card yet. Thanks for the info on the site where you got the instructions. I'll have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this step card its a great idea!! Great job!

    Amanda
    Getting Cricky JrDt
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I super love this card, the colour combo is beautiful and the sentiment is perfect!!
    Cheers Jennie - GCDT-sister

    ReplyDelete