Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hang in There - card

I have really enjoyed this holiday weekend.  It has given me time to relax and be creative.  I also received my latest edition of Cricut Magazine and the Cricut Birthdays book which was very inspiring.  This card was completely created on my wonderful Cricut Imagine.  I hope you like it, it was really fun to make.
The card is 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  I really like this size because it gives you a lot of room to design.  I used the Cindy Loo cartridge for the owl and for the life of me can't remember which cartridge the other shapes came from, I am so sorry.  I printed all of the papers and filled all of the shapes on the Imagine using my new Berries & Cream patterns cartridge.  It is so cute!
Something I did on this card that I don't usually do is use black ink as an accent.  I really like inking the edges of my cuts because it gives each piece definition. It also helps hide the little white frayed paper that sometimes shows when you paper is colored on one side and white on the back.  I used black this time because of the black polka dot paper I used for the base of the owl.  I embossed the yellow background with the large flower folder using my Cuttlebug. 
It was hard popping up the "hang in there" because the letters are so narrow, so I rolled up glue dots and put them on the back to pop them up. 

I hope you have enjoyed my card.  I will be posting a few more in the next few days and also a fun idea I discovered the other day.
Later!
Jana

3 comments:

  1. Hello and Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment!! I love getting them!! Hope that you enjoyed the memorial day blog hop!! I just became your 30th Follower!! Feel free to visit as often as you like and if you really want to keep track of me and my blog you can subscribe to my blog, it is located I believe on my left sidebar of my blog. Thanks again and hope to see you soon!!


    Rexann♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is simply beautiful. Seeing your blog has made me want to run out and buy an imagine right now! Beautiful work.

    Dana
    Danascraftycorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe...this one is too cute too!!! Thanks for coming to visit me...I am your newest follower too.

    Eva :0)
    http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete