Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Singing Bird Card

Oh, have I enjoyed my issues of the Cricut magazine!  I have been inspired by many of the cards and layouts that I can't find the time to make them all!  I finally sat down the other day and put little post-it notes on the pages of the cards and layouts that I wanted to use for inspiration.  When I got to this cute card, I found myself liking it exactly as it was designed by Cindy Royal of Royal Things so I only changed the papers that I used.  This card was made 100% on my Imagine using the Hopscotch Imagine cartridge and the regular cartridges listed below.
I am not going to list all the cuts and sizes because the instructions are in the April/May 2011 issue of Cricut Magazine on page 21.  Cindy designed her card as a 5" x 6" card and I made mine 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" so all of my cuts are slightly larger than hers.
The cartridges used for the cuts are Give a Hoot (tree), Everyday Paper Dolls (grasses), Robotz (sun), Straight from the Nest (bird), and the musical notes came from 3 Brids on Parade. The magazine version used Graphically Speaking for a cloud but I used the cloud paper from Hopscotch. 
Thank goodness the latest issue will tell you exactly which cartridge the shapes came from because this one did not and I had a heck of a time figuring it out.
 Here I am showing a detail of the brown cut for the tree.  To give it a little added dimension, I just used my dental tool from my Cricut tool kit to curl the branches out slightly. 

One of the things I love about  the imagine machine is that it will scale the patterns of the papers to fit the size of the cut, so the clouds turned out to be the perfect size for the sky.  I thought if you wanted a little more dimension you could cut two rectangles the same size, flood fill with the cloud pattern and hand cut a cloud or two to layer in the sky with pop dots if you wanted.  That was and after thought.
There are three different grasses used and it was fun layering them to get the dimension.  I also inked and curled the ends of the grasses for more dimension and added pop dots behind the cat tails.

I also used my polka dots embossing folder for the tallest grass, it looks more like hills.  I chose a solid color to flood that cut with so the embossing gives it more interest and texture, I think.

I hope if you are a new visitor, you will come back after I get my blog fixed and become a follower.  Right now all my sidebar gadgets are hidden and I can't figure out how to unhide them. 
I'm a bit of a techno dummy!

Have a blessed week and thank you Cindy Royal and Cricut Magazine for the fun inspiration!
Jana

3 comments:

  1. Great job, Jana! Love that you used the Imagine for your papers and love the ones you chose! Thanks for letting me know my card inspired you and thanks for always visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete