Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Oh to Be 13...

Ok, so this is one of my favorite layout kits EVER!!!  A big shout out to Monique Griffith!!  Woop woop!!!  Sorry, I know...a little carried away but this kit was so fun to put together.  Sometimes when I am not feeling very creative I pull out a page kit that I have purchased either online or at the Great American Scrapbook Convention.  Page kits are one of the reasons I LOVE to go to convention.  You get to see them in person to be able to check out the quality and even meet the inspiring person that designed them. 
Today I am sharing with you a kit that I bought online after it was posted on the Cricut.com message board by Monique herself.  This woman is talented and better yet, she uses the Cricut in her kits.  Love it!!!  You can find her fabulous kits at www.MoniqueGriffithDesigns.com
On to the layout.  It was fun using pictures that my daughter and her friends had taken with their iPods and then altered in their "CamWow" app.  I thought they fit the layout well.  I wouldn't call my daughter a "tough girl" but she likes to pretend...don't all 13 year olds. :)
 As you can see, there are 9 different images used from the Rock Princess Cricut cartridge.  That comes up to 63 different cuts! (14 of them were the little stars)  Don't panic though, Monique makes it much easier by listing them on a cutting chart by color.  So all the cuts from white paper were listed first, all black cuts listed etc. She gives the page number from the handbook, blade depth and pressure if you need it.  She also gives the size.  I made it even easier and arranged all my cuts in my Gypsy, so I only had to send it to cut about 7 times because I would arrange up to 3 colors of papers on my mat and the matching cuts on the Gypsy screen and then send them all to cut at once.  With out the Gypsy, I could see this layout taking DAYS!  I used the regular Gypsy app but cut it with my Imagine!
 I popped the images up with pop dots and inked all the edges with black Color Box pigment brush pad and Monique suggested using a silver Gelly Roll pen to add the dot accents all over the page and it really added great detail to the overall layout.
 I just loved this girl.  She is the reason I bought the kit.  Doesn't she just look so smooth and cool?  Oh and the girl in the pic is pretty cool too, right?  hehe!


 The crown was fun too. I added the silver gel dots and then used my Glossy Accents by Inkssentials to give it a little more shine and then dotted them again with the silver after it dried.
This project was tedious but fun.  Sometimes I like a challenge.  It wasn't hard by any means though, just plain fun, but then again I like really hard puzzles too :)

I also learned that my daughters goofy iPod pictures are actually pretty cool sometimes. So after I finished this layout, I plugged her iPod into my computer and "borrowed" some more fun pics that I will post in my next favorite page kit.  That will come a little later this week. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Jana

3 comments:

  1. Oh my you did a wonderful job! Super cute! I just might have to get this cartridge! TFS!

    blessings,
    Raina

    http://scrapwithraina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I'm also a big fan of Moniques. I just finished her "Catch a Wave" layout. It turned out perfect and all I had to do was follow directions. I used the Gypsy too and it does make it a lot easier. I was able to save a lot of paper that way and can use the scraps for more pages to match. You're daughter is adorable too. Very pretty. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something stinkin' cute for you over at my blog!!

    Raina
    http://scrapwithraina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete