Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Peachy Keen Stamps :: Sketch Challenge 57 w/a Twist!

Hey everyone! I'm back already with my newest addiction...Peachy Keen Stamps!  This time it is a sketch challenge.  You can check out their challenge page on the Peachy Keen blog if you want to be challenged yourself!

Here is the challenge, copied from the blog...


  • Create a card based on the layout provided (Peachy Keen Stamps are not required for this challenge, but if you've got them, we looooove seeing how you create with them!) 
  • Project must include basic elements from the sketch, and color combo!

Not too hard, so I decided to keep it simple.  Here is what I came up with...
I cut the card 4 x 6 to begin with.  Now the really fun part.  I used a free program that I downloaded from the internet to get the EXACT colors from the color swatch above.  It is called "Color Cop," a free multipurpose color picker.  Someone on the Cricut Message Board told us about it (not sure who the original poster was that mentioned it, and I won't go into the little tiff that broke out over "who was the first to mention it"...crazy!)  Any whoo...after you download this neat little program, you open it and take the little eye dropper and hover over the color swatch and it tells you the exact RGB code of the color and you enter it in your Imagine and TADA!!! you print and cut with the exact colors!  This makes me giddy it is so cool :)
To enter the RGB (red, green, blue) numbers you click on the image, then the little edit pencil and then in the color palette below the image there is a square with a rainbow and a down arrow, click it and you will see the place at the bottom to enter the codes.  IT IS SO COOOOOL!  This is a HUGE reason I love my Imagine.  The card above was made with white cardstock.

And of course I had to stamp on a cute little Peachy Keen face.  The two large volleyballs were cut from Sports Mania at 1.5" and the three small ones were cut at 1.2".  I cut the "I dig" from the same cartridge at 1" and then I inked all the edges, because that's the way I roll! :D
 
Now for the volleyball net in the background.  I had this cool stuff in my stash for ages.  It is called Magic Mesh and I don't know if you can even get it anymore.  I got it from Leaving Prints, a direct sales scrapbook company I used to work for which no longer exists :(.  It is sticky on one side and I inked the non-sticky side to make it black-ish because it was white.  Then I just cut 1/4" strips for the tape across the top and bottom.
On the inside I cut the "YOU" using the Varsity Letters Lite cartridge from Walmart and cut them at 1 1/2".  I really like the way it turned out and I hope you do also.
Stop by Peachy Keen Stamps blog and join in on the challenge fun!  It will get your creative juices flowing. Now I am off to link my project on the challenge blog.  Have a blessed day!
~Jana

9 comments:

  1. So fun! My girls love to play volleyball!

    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH How stinkin' cool is that??? I never heard of that program and thanks so much for sharing it with us! I can't wait to go and check it out!!!

    Thank you for playing along with us over at Peachy Keen Stamps. I love your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jana, oMG this card is sooo CUTE!! Love it:) I'm a new follower and I hope you can stop by my blog when you get a chance:)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. this card is sooo cute!!

    Candace
    scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That card is so stinkin cute! I'll have to check out that program, thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower and hope you check out my blog when you get a chance.

    Robin
    www.scrapandchat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Jana!! This is just beyond adorable!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Peachy Keen Stamps!

    Hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Color Cop and I love this clever card!! VERY clever indeed!
    Thanks for joining in with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the magic mesh for the volleyball net! I do think they still sell it. I don't have an Imagine, but that program sounds pretty cool. Your card turned out very CUTE! Thanks for joining the PK challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soo cute Jana!!! I can't seem to find you on FB or your email. I would Love to have you join me for a Blog Hop I'm having to debut my new Blog Makeover on 9/23. Please email me at wendy dot roos2boys at gmail dot com & I'll give you more info.
    Puppy Hugs!

    ReplyDelete