Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Six Flags Fun Layout

When I was at the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Arlington, TX in early June I purchased a cute layout kit of an amusement park for our trip to Six Flags.  It had a detailed roller coaster on it.  When I got it out to put together I had a bit of a panic attack because I usually create a duplicate layout so that I have two for each of my daughter's scrapbooks and this roller coaster was going to be WAY too hard to trace and cut out.  Soooo...I went to www.mycutsearch.com and did a search for a roller coaster and found one on the Summer Vacation solutions cartridge that was perfect!  I think this layout turned out better than the kit!

 I love the way it turned out, don't you???  So, if I remember right, I cut the roller coaster at about 4" but I have to admit, I sized it up on my Imagine until it was as wide as I could get it without it turning into a grey rectangle because it was too large for the mat :)  So 4" is a guestimation.  I cut it once and then cut it the second time with the "flip" feature turned on.
Just LOOK at the detail!  The Imagine cuts with incredible precision on intricate cuts.  LOOOOOVE  my Imagine!!!  I used the small square pop dots and cut then in half so I could pop up the coaster for added dimension.  I am a bit of a pop dot nut :)
All of the papers and the big font came from the "Blast Off" Imagine cartridge.  I even flood filled the coaster with a paper from this cartridge.  It is one of my favorites because it has such fun and bright colors.  Funny thing happened though.  If you have the Blast Off cartridge you won't find the light blue paper that is behind the roller coaster, why you ask????  At least I pretended you did :)  Well, what happened was serendipitous, my Imagine color ink cartridge ran out of yellow ink when I tried to print the green paper (like in the top of the layout) and it became this great blue, with all the details!  So instead of chunking it, I decided to use it.  I really like the way it turned out and I didn't feel like I had wasted paper or ink on the blue paper.
I was at a weekend retreat when I made this layout and every time I went to print and cut it told me "low ink" and I got that message for two straight days of scrapbooking before it ran out of the yellow and I had to change the color cartridge.  Pretty good in my opinion!
Hope you enjoyed my layout, thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
jana

1 comment:

  1. Love your layout and I am into pop dotting everything too. Mine probably get too high but I love the dimension. TFS xx

    ReplyDelete